CANCELLED FOR 2021
2020 Concert Band MPA
$200.00 - per ensemble
Registration is a TWO step process.
1) Complete the ONLINE FORM to the right
2) Print the PAPER form to the right. Mail the form, a copy of your NAfME card and a school or booster check to Patrick Haymore (HS) or Chad Higdon (MS). The Deadline is February 15th.
Please bring the following information with you the day of your performance:
• 3 sets of Conductor’s Scores for each piece of music being performed.
• NAfME card
• Repertoire Slip/Instrumentation Slip (you need 3 copies of this)
• Seating chart
• 4-year Repertoire Sheet (list selections for 2011, 2012, 2013 and this year. If your band did not
attend any of those years, indicate so on the form).
Sight Reading Guidelines
Please refer to the NCBA Sightreading Guidelines
How much time will we get in the Sightreading room, and what are we allowed to do?
The times are:
• Grades II, III and IV – five minutes
• Grade V – six minutes
• Grade VI – seven minutes.
During that time they may clap rhythms, sing parts, count out loud and finger instruments, but they may not play their instruments. Each band may play a brief warm-up scale at the conclusion of the preparation period. During the actual performance directors may call out rehearsal letters or numbers and verbal cues (e.g. “more trumpets”, “tubas watch”) but may not sing parts or rhythms while the band is playing. Only one director may work with the band in the sight reading room.
MPA Approved Music List
Please refer to the Official MPA List. If you perform any music that is not on this list, you will be disqualified. "Can I use photocopies of the Conductor’s Scores for the judges?" The only time that photocopies are acceptable is when you have ordered the scores and they have not come in by the time you perform. In this situation, you MUST have a letter from the publisher (not the sheet music store) giving permission to use photocopies. Also, do not forget to number the measures of the scores for the judges.
MPA Adjudicator Forms